10 reasons why you should put down roots in Whitchurch
As the main Estate Agents in Whitchurch we’re probably a bit biased because we’re based here, but we think everyone ought to live in Whitchurch. Well, maybe not everyone, it might get a bit crowded! But here are 10 reasons why you should put roots down here;
1. The Houses. As you can imagine, we know rather a lot about the properties in and around Whitchurch. The area offers every style of home you could imagine, from Victorian, Edwardian and Georgian properties, to more modern houses, flats and apartments.
2. Location. With the centre of Cardiff a few minutes’ away in the car, on the train or the bus, travelling to the city centre for work, shopping or anything else couldn’t be easier. If you want to get a bit further afield the M4 and A470 are right on your doorstep.
3. Food and drink. After all of that you’ll have worked up an appetite! Whatever you fancy; a quick snack, some pub grub, or something for a special occasion, Whitchurch has the cafe, restaurant or coffee shop for you.
4. Young families. For families with pre-schoolers there are three local nurseries for childcare and three local parks, as well as Whitchurch library to keep little ones entertained.
5. Keeping fit. If you’re a fitness fanatic you can use the gym and spa facilities of the Village Hotel, or you can get active at Whitchurch’s local tennis, bowls, rugby and football clubs.
6. Health and happiness. Everyone feels a bit rundown sometimes, thankfully you can keep yourself in tip-top condition with a trip to the local doctors, dentists and physiotherapists. No wonder we’re feeling fit for anything, with a gleaming smile and perfect posture!
7. Outdoor living. If you fancy a bit of fresh air, you can take a stroll along the canal, play a round of golf at Whitchurch Golf Club, take a bike ride along the Taff Trail to Castell Coch, go kayaking on the River Taff or even join nearby Llandaff Rowing Club.
8. The Schools. Whitchurch has three English speaking schools and two Welsh speaking schools, all of them achieving at least grade 2 in their last Estyn reports. Former students of Whitchurch High include rugby legend Sam Warburton, international footballer Gareth Bale and Olympic cyclist Geraint Thomas!
9. Spiritual wellbeing. After all of that exercise and eating out you need a day of rest. Thankfully, six churches cover the area; St Teilo’s, St Mary’s, Ararat, Bethel, Whitchurch Methodist and the Tabernacle.
10. Village life. If you want to balance a relaxed community atmosphere with the excitement of living in the Welsh capital, Whitchurch couldn’t be more perfect. It still feels like a friendly village and yet it’s minutes away from vibrant city life.
We loved Whitchurch so much we put down roots here. If you want to find out how you can, come and speak to Myra, our resident Whitchurch expert. She should probably be the 11th reason why you put down roots here!
Want to know more about Estate Agents in Whitchurch?Tweet
Back to our Blog